- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Ausangate Mountain (6,350 meters/20,833 ft) considered an important sacred deity for the Cosmovision Andina and one of the most favorite trekking destinations in the Cusco area. From pre-Inca times until today, this mountain has been a place of worship and offering an on the way to Ausangate get ready to discover the Magic and the impressive colors of the Rainbow Mountain of Peru, also known as Vinincunca. This great spectacle of nature is located in the vilcanota mountain range, near the highest snow-capped peak in the Cusco region.
What you need to bring
- Original Passport
- Student Card (if you are a student and have booked in advance to qualify for the discount)
- Sleeping bag (can be hired from us).
- Walking sticks (can be hired from us).
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat & sunglasses
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
Extras (Need to book in Advance):
- Sleeping Bag US$35.00
- Walking Pole US$12.00
- Single Tent Supplement US$35.00
Zero plastic bottles on the trek Ausangate and Rainbow Mountain
Time : 6:00 am
Cusco to Pucaccocha
Our representative will pick you up in the morning, and take you via private transportation to the starting point of our trek to Pukutuni School. Here you will enjoy the first breakfast to then start approximately a three-hour hike until your lunch spot at Upis village, in the skirt of Ausanagte Mountain. After lunch, we continuos for another 2 hours uphill to the first pass called Vicuña Pass (4,870 meters) and finally a trek of three more hours to Pucaccocha. Place where will camp.
Time : 6:00 am
Pucaccocha to Sororni Lake.
After enjoy delicious nutritious breakfast, our Trek will start to Ausangate hike with a 2-hour climb to Condor pass. Along the way, you will be able to see an amazing imposing Ausangate mountain and lagoons, and perhaps you will see some llamas and alpacas. It is then a gradual downhill hike for 2 hours to our lunch spot. After lunch, you will have a small climb to Alpaca pass (4,982 m) where you can see a small part of Rainbow Mountain. We continuous on our trek to the campsite place.
Time : 6:00 am
Soroni Lake - Rainbow Mountain to Cusco
After having breakfast we will head to explore the famous Rainbow Mountain. With a hike for 2 hours until the pass is located (5,000 mt/16,400 ft), from where you will get the first view of the spectacular Rainbow Mountain. Upon arrival at the top of the mountain, Your guide will explain to you the colors and minerals. After a short break, we will continue descending for 1 hour to the end of the trail, enjoy lunch to finally 3 hours of travel by bus to Cusco.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment plus 7kg of your personal items.
- Transportation by bus to Pumahuanca and from Lares to Ollantaytambo
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, and 2 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- 3 man tent for every 2 trekkers
- Inflate Sleeping mattress
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Return bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
Note* About Ausangate to Rainbow Mountain Campsites:
Campsites may change depending on booking time and availability, weather conditions or on
restrictions undertaken for safety reasons by the Peruvian Goverment.
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
- Breakfast on Day
- Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
No Details Found