- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The 2 days 1-night Huchuy Qosco trek takes you to fascinating Inca ruins, picturesque rural villages, magnificent snow-capped mountains, exotic vegetation, and extraordinary ecological variety. Huchuy Qosqo means Little Cusco, in Quechua, and you will see that some of the ancient architecture rivals that of important buildings in Cusco! This is a uniquely designed adventure trekking package! You will hike along the Andes Mountains, passing through Andean communities, interacting with locals, and exploring amazing isolated Inca villages. On day 2, you get to visit Machu Picchu with a two-hour guided tour!
What you need to bring
- A lightweight, waterproof day pack with change of clothes (about a 30 liter size)
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Warm clothes and trekking pants (trousers)
- Layers of clothes, include thermals, for variable temperatures
- Camera with extra film and batteries
- Sun protection: sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Extra plastic bags, especially in the wet season
- Waterproof clothing or a rain poncho
- Water bottles
- Personal medical kit
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, tips
- Walking poles (rentable)
- Favorite snacks
- Toilet paper
- Sandals or flip-flop
- Swimming suit (optional for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Original passport and university card if is applicable
Private Service prices.
Important: Price is based on a DOUBLE room accommodation
- 2 people US$ 4,49 per person
- 3 people US$ 419 per person
- 4 people US$ 389 per person
- 5 people US$ 359 per person
- 6 people US$ 329 per person
- 7 people US$ 319 per person
8 people + USD$ 309 per person
Extras (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 85.00
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 85.00
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
- Sleeping Bag US$35.00
- Walking Pole US$12.00
- Inflatable Mattress US$25.00
- Single Tent Supplement US$35.0
Zero plastic bottles on the Huchuy Qosqo Trek and
Time : 6:00 am
Cusco - Huchuy Qosqo to Aguas Calientes.
Early morning we head to the small Village of Tauca (3,750m/12,303ft), the beginning of your trek. We will be on level terrain and the landscape will be that of typical Andean Valleys, rich in corn, quinoa, potatoes, and other Andean tubers. As you ascend towards the pass at (4,050m/13,287ft), the landscape begins to change dramatically to the classic of High Andean Savannah or Puna, with scant vegetation, mainly “ichu” or high altitude grass. The views of the Vilcabamba Mountain range are spectacular! Soon after the pass, you will start your descent toward the Huchuy Qosqo plains, hiking along a path that leads to the Cauca Ravine, where you will be able to see archeological sites. You will walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where you will find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the small river to Huchuy Qosqo at 3,650m/11,975ft. Huchuy Qosqo (Little Cusco in Quechua) is a noteworthy Inca complex. It boasts sophisticated stonework in a large Kallanka (rectangular Hall), some residential and defensive quarters, and interesting two-story buildings in stone and adobe. Huchuy Qosqo is located on a plateau, surrounded by Inca agricultural terraces, and allows superb views of the Vilcabamba range.
Continuing to our trek, we will go downhill to Lamay at 2,900m/9,514ft, where our bus will be waiting for us to head to Ollantaytambo and will get the train to Aguas Calientes Town.
Time : 6:00 am
After a very early buffet breakfast at the hotel, we make our way to the bus station for the ride up to Machu Picchu Sanctuary. We will have a 2 hour guided tour of the site during which you will learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour, you will have free time to explore the site by yourself and if you have, permits to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco Hotel
- Private transportation from and to your hotel
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes: Intipunku Machu Picchu or Wiracocha Inn Hotel
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 5
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
No Details Found