- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The 2-days Inca Trail is a fantastic option for those who don't have the time or desire to
hike the full length of the Inca Trail. With beautiful scenery, a wide variety of flora and
fauna on display, and a visit to the Inca Trail's most beautiful site (Wiñay Wayna), you
get to enjoy all the best bits of the Inca Trail condensed into a one day walk. Covering
a distance of 16 km/10 miles the 2-days Inca Trail is not too challenging which makes
it perfect for families with children and those on a tight schedule. This option allows
you to experience some of the secrets of the Incas without camping. We are going to get
"Wiñay Wayna", a beautiful place and well worth the climb, you scramble up a steep
flight of stairs.
Zero plastic bottles on the Inca trail and Machu Picchu
What you need to bring
- Original Passport
- Student Card (if you are a student and have booked in advance to qualify for the discount)
- Sleeping bag (can be hired from us).
- Walking sticks (can be hired from us).
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat & sunglasses
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Optional: Sandals, bathing suit etc.
Extras (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 70.00
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 70.00
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
Time : 5:00 am
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Today you will head out early from your Cusco hotel to Ollantaytambo in the Sacred
Valley. You will have a relatively relaxed start for the Inca Trail and the walking is easy
going to help you settle into the trek, Continuing another hour to the start of the trail at
Km 82. Your Inca Trail adventure begins here. After trekking for about three hours, you
will arrive at the terraced Llactapata ruins, (Incan site which is comprised by temples,
palaces, terraces), that was used as the nexus point between the cities from the jungle
side and the cities from the highlands during the Incan empire. Then, you will continue
through a lush valley before arriving at the evening campsite of Wayllabamba.
Wayllabamba (3,000 meters). The name in Quechua means "Grassy plain". We spend
the first night here besides some spectacular ruins, which, if you have the energy, we
have time to explore.
Time : 5:00 am
Private Machu Picchu Tour
Today you will uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of the Inca
citadel. You’ll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn how and why they
were constructed. You will also have the chance to hike to the top of Huayna Picchu
Mountain for spectacular views! 8 additional cost) require to make reservationn in
advance . Then you’ll depart from Machu Picchu Pueblo, and take a train ride to
Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met and transferred to your
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
- Tourist Train to Km 104
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- 3 Star Hotel (Caas Andina Machupicchu, Ferre .).
- Oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- First aid kit for emergencies.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu ruins.
- 2 Bus tickets for the second day (Aguas Calientes -Machu Picchu - Aguas Caliente).
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 5
- Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip
- Personal Porter (Need to be hired well in advance).
- Walking poles (can be hired from us).
No Details Found